Monday, June 29, 2009

The World – A Relative Reality

If I knew my life would end soon, what would be my perspective? I ask this question as guidance not for the future, but how to put my thoughts in perspective. Thinking exists in either the future, past or presence. When life is close to death, we have no future and don’t care about the past… we only care respect now. Now is truly as close as we can get to reality. Now is reality in that everything in our past and future is determined by it. This moment defines my future and past… not that those matter. The future is important to seek and the past important to learn from, but the moment of realization supersedes these in that only it is what matters and nothing else. I don’t mean do not think about the future, but in that clarity and true perspective only exist the unbiased presence. I could ask anyone what they would do if they knew that death was moments, hours, or days away. For me, it is not what I would do until my death, but more of what I would think in my final hours.

Life is not love, hatred, emotion, or random thoughts. Those are distractions from reality in that they carry us across multiple moments without realizing it. For example, Love is by all means a beautiful thing, but love in its truest’s sense is the realization of happiness over a period of time. Love cannot be grasped in seconds… yet we can feel a strong emotion in very few seconds. A ‘realizing’ person has perspective on that emotion and therefore can truly appreciate the seconds as they exist, materialize. Emotion really is not a complicated feeling... it is raw and manifested throughout seconds and minutes into more understood feelings such as love, hatred, jealousy, and so much more. In my moments of clarity, these emotions do not matter. Only the feeling, the reaction of the mind do I analyze when something is perceived at its most basic sense. From here I extract.

We believe life is so beautiful and death so sad. This fact really does not make sense but only from a human perspective. I have been trained to cry during births and deaths, but relatively from the opposite perspective. I don’t care about those things. Life and death come about in random, diminishing seconds. Somewhere in between do we have mid-life crisis, realizations of marriage, kids, responsibility (however relative that is), death of parents and so on. Why are these things so sensitive? My culture has guided me to respect these, but I have learned that not all cultures agree. What is ultimately the universal perspective on life and how does that fit into me as American raised?

It is hard to accept the parent’s and friend’s love of you when you feel you understand things differently. I tend to find the beauty of the reality regardless of the situation. I am not careless with my life in that I have no regard to the feelings of those that care about me. Some elders say this perspective changes as we age and have a family. I really don’t know until I have a family. I think about this often. What would I do in my Mom’s or Dad’s shoes? I hope they respect my understanding of life… yet will I agree with my children’s perspective and lifestyle? I doubt because I will never know their thoughts at any given time.

Let me tell you my thoughts! They will probably change as I grow, have family, more responsibilities, and perspective (Although I put myself third-person as best I can). Maybe!
There is a beautiful otherness to love, life, pain, death, and experience. It does not matter what our actions are as long as we seek this beautiful otherness. This idea of a beautiful otherness is not a distraction, but insight into clarity. Clarity is the most basic sense, realization. When we experience reality, nothing is more beautiful. We actualize ourselves. When life really boils down to the now, I do not worry about the future, death, pains and suffering. Reality is the ultimate appreciation of the moment. The future of death and past of birth are unlucky and fortunate, respectively. In realization, they do not matter because these ideas exist only in the thoughts that never realize. Seek clarity now, appreciate the moment, understand that life is not beyond your control, God, or luck, but that your presence, as it exists is beyond human interpretation of these things.

God, life, death, marriage, and more is a human attempt to understand what makes us seek happiness. It is very good for some, but not for me. My ‘God’ is inside me. My life and death never existed. Marriage is an invention of happiness, not reality. My human attempt to understand happiness will never be experienced through future or past emotions. Reality and clarity (therefore the sense of true happiness) exists only in the now. Nothing else will ever actualize and thus is only relative. Of course, I dream of happy marriage, children, travel, and job. I don’t hope that the future guides my thoughts, only my direction. I don’t hope that the past dwells in me. I do realize that the present offers me everything. I do not live in the present, only exist and realize in the present. Anything else is only a natural perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment